Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Simple DIY Project: Outfit of the Day Tote Bag

Each school year, I try to come up with new ways to help make hectic school mornings a bit easier. As my kids get older, I love to give them more responsibility in their morning routine, and today’s project is one that I created specifically for that purpose. This DIY Outfit of the Day Tote (#ootd, in case you’re a hashtag lover like I am) can be made in minutes, and it is such a great way to reduce wardrobe stress on busy mornings! Kids place all of the elements of the next day’s outfit into the bag the night before, so all they have to do is grab it and get dressed once the alarm goes off in the morning. It is incredible how much this has helped reduce the stress of our school mornings since we started this little system! Read on for all of the details about this handy idea. Frozen Coloring Pages



To make an Outfit of the Day Tote, you will need…
- Tote bag
- Iron-on letter decals (I cut mine out with my Cricut using their glittered iron-on vinyl, but you can purchase them pre-made at any craft store)
- Iron

That’s it, y’all! Just three supplies/tools for this one!

Instructions
Step 1: Iron the desired letters onto the front of the tote. I opted to use the #ootd (“outfit of the day”) hashtag for ours, but a child’s name would be another fun option. Whatever you think your child will like best! Ever Free Coloring

Step 2: The tote is done. So easy! Now it’s time to put your new tote to work to make your busy mornings much easier!

Step 3: To do so, affix a command hook to an easy-to-reach place in the child’s room. I placed my daughter’s on her closet door so it is front and center where she gets dressed every morning.

Step 4: Every evening at bedtime, my daughter picks out all of the elements for her outfit for the next day (down to the socks, underwear and hair accessories) and places them in the tote.

Step 5: Once the tote is filled, it can be hung on the hook to be ready and waiting when it’s time to get dressed the next morning! It seems so simple, but it truly has revolutionized the way mornings go around our house each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment